I recently set up my newest project, VideoGameClass.com, where I’ll be teaching people how to make video games using GameSalad. The class is going to be super-cool.
While setting up the blog I do a few things:
- Delete the Hello World Post and anything else WordPress puts in,
- Create new Pages, which also become the main menu across the top,
- Set the Home Page as the first page people get to, as opposed do the default of going to the latest blog Post,
- and, setting up the link “Blog,” where the Posts land.
I didn’t know how to do the last part, but my developer just emailed me telling me how:
- Set up a Page called “Blog,” and leave it blank
- Go to Settings, Reading
- Under Front Page Displays, there is a option to change the front page to a Page. Change this to Home (which is a Page you have set up)
- The next dropdown asks what the blog Posts page is – that is the Page Blog that you set up.
Now, on the main menu, you have an option titled Blog, and this is where the Posts go.