I think about these things a lot, especially when I’m speaking. I think “my heavens, I need a new email signature.”
Because the current one isn’t communicating what I want it to communicate.
Here’s the old one, from this morning:
Any guesses on what each number means? I’ll list them below, but here’s the new signature:
Here’s what each number is for:
- This is a special string of characters I chose to tell JibberJobber to not make anything below it a log entry. I could change it, and probably will, but this is a very important line, even though it really means nothing to anyone.
- I think it’s important to put LinkedIn DVD, instead of just DVD.
- I moved this description behind the link, to be consistent with the other lines.
- I decided to take this off… my Twitter followers hasn’t necessarily grown, and if you really want to find me you can search for me. We’ll see if I flop back on this one.
- I took the JibberJobber mobile link out… I think there are more important things to communicate…. like the new line for my LinkedIn book!
Luckily I can change things as often as I want… make changes for yourself… if you hate it, you aren’t locked into anything!
Here are other posts one when I changed my signatures: