I am in San Diego and went on a walk this morning. To map out my walk so I could record the distance I did a quick search and found the amazing, awesome, just-what-I-was-looking-for map found here, on About.com’s walking page.
It is powered by MapMyWalk but I’m too busy/lazy right now to figure out how to put it on my own site…. for now I’ll use About’s page when I’m on the road (which is going to be a lot this next 6 months).
Here are some miscellaneous thoughts about my trip this time, my second time to San Diego:
- San Diego is a beautiful place, I think. Sunny and all that. Except when it’s all cloudy and gloomy, which is exactly how it has been since I’ve gotten here. That’s okay, it’s been quite sunny in Utah.
- I love seeing surfers walking around town, barefoot and carrying their surfboards around, or driving around with surfboards on their cars. Saw this in Malibu a lot … a fun part of the culture.
- It’s okay for me to call people DUDE around here…. yeah 🙂
- Had excellent Mexican food, which is what I expected coming this close to MX (even though the hotel receptionist said I had to go to MX to get the real stuff, this was pretty awesome :)).
- Walking through downtown S.D., like any big town (granted, this isn’t big, but it is downtown) is interesting. I forgot how stinky big cities can be… lots of homeless people here (great weather – many homeless in Utah leave during the winter), and I heard things like “GETTING OFF PAROLE IS YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!!” (was a phone call) and “YOU *&%% @##%$, YOU ARE ON TOO MANY DRUGS,” (that was a guy shouting to a girl on the street. The guy was good looking, well-dressed, British accent… and very frustrated with the drugged-out girl. All this stuff makes me feel like i don’t get out enough!
- Parking is fun here – went to a grocery store with Susan Joyce (Job-Hunt.org) and we parked in the stores only parking lot – a somewhat open, UNDERGROUND parking lot.
- The trees and plants are amazing. Super cool trees, and birds of paradise plants… simply awesome.
Now, back to work. My next trip is to D.C. in a few weeks.