Do you have a website? Y/N
If N… you can stop reading 🙂
If Y… do you have a favicon?
What, you ask, is a favicon? It is a little tiny icon that goes in the tab of the browser… look at this:
These are *some* of the tabs I have open right now… do you recognize any of the sites I am on?
- gmail, always in the first place
- a blog post that is hosted on blogger… something I liked and will blog about later.
- the third tab I’m on. Because I’m on this tab the favicon doesn’t show up.
- Looky looky…! A blank page. This is a BUSINESS’ S website… with NO favicon. See how it sticks out like a sore thumb? I can’t tell what it is until I click on it. IF YOU HAVE A WEBSITE, DO A FAVICON! IT IS EASY!
- Twitter… for a person I’m trying to network into.
- Google Calendar.
- VJC – my competition – they have a great blog post that I’m reading.
- blank page … I don’t know, and THEY miss a branding opportunity!
- Some association page.
- Southwest airlines as I get ready for some trips.
- KSL – local news.
- Twitter – another person I’m trying to network into.
- Huffington Post article about unemployment.
- blank page – I don’t know!
- Job-Hunt.org post on avoiding job boards that I need to read.
- A google search.
If YOUR page was open, would I see a blank page or a nice little favicon?
Here’s a search on favicon to help you get started. This can really take just a few minutes to do.